Tuesday 10 August 2010

Cruising along nicely!

Week 1 - total loss 4.5lbs

I've reached the end of week one, completed the attack phase and I have moved on to the cruise phase of the diet. This involves adding vegetable into the mix for five days and then switching back to pure protein for five days. The 5/5 pattern continues until you reach your goal weight, which for me should hopefully be January (just in time for my birthday!).

The week hasn't felt too challenging, I haven't felt hungry particularly and drinking lots of water has done wonders for my skin. I'm really pleased with my loss so far and I feel like I'm really getting somewhere this time. Plus I have a great incentive, my husband has said he will by me a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet when I have lost a stone and a charm for additional each stone I lose. I think it's really important to reward yourself, but never do it with food!

If there's one thing I've learnt through my many years of yo-yo dieting, it's not to use food as a means of rewarding yourself or cheering yourself up. How many times have I had a rubbish day at work and thought chocolate or a chinese take out was the answer? It works for all of a few hours and then I end up feeling ten times worse, because I know what it'll mean the next time I get on the scales. So in my opinions rewards should be something you'll enjoy without feeling guilty.

1 comment:

  1. Over from 'Diet Naked'..you asked! ok..Opinions?..Nice. Look at other blogs and find what you really like and incorporate those things (or not if it doesn't fit your style). Do this for yourself! and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete