Tuesday 24 August 2010

Mallercise - my favourite way to burn calories!

Week 3 - Total weight loss 3lbs

For years I've been telling people that shopping is my favourite sport, so you can imagine my amusement when I came across this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/apr/29/healthandwellbeing.fitness

I could be burning up to 400 calories every lunch hour, as I power my way round the local mall, although you wouldn't catch me lunging in the middle of Debenhams! Mallercise has even made its way in to the urban dictionary - love it! I hope they introduce for the 2012 Olympics.

Anyway, I digress - I'm 11lbs down now and I've lost 15% of the total amount that I plan to lose. Not bad! Although I was disappointed to discover that my "True weight", 156lbs would still put me in the overweight category in terms of BMI, despite being at the lower end of the healthy weight range for my height - all very confusing.

True to my word, I did a proper workout today, half an hour of Davina Fit work out DVD. It was all going so well, until I turned around to see the paperboy gawping at me through the window as I jumped around like a maniac! Cringe. Oh, and of course I did my daily hour of Mallercise too.

No comments:

Post a Comment