Thursday 12 August 2010

Dining out dilemma

Who doesn’t love going out for dinner?

Normally I would jump at the chance! I would relish the thought of knocking back the wine, while my friend divulges the latest gossip - sharing some garlic bread while we eagerly await the main course.

Not tonight….

It’s the first time I’ve eaten out since starting the diet last week and I don’t think it’s going to be easy. The first hurdle is finding something that I can actually eat legitimately! It’s too early to be bending the rules, but we are going to “Carb hell” otherwise known as Pizza Express. A salad is the only option, but even they come with bread sticks.

I think it pays to do your homework, so I’ve been on to the website to peruse the menu for suitable options. Luckily they also have a list of calorie content in everything, so I can make an informed decision – Pollo Verdure Salad(unfortunately without the breadsticks).

I know it’s going to be a test of my will power to pass up a nice relaxing glass of Pinot Grigio and persuasive arguments such as “oh go on, one glass won’t hurt will it?”. But I’m on this diet for a reason – to get healthy and feel happy – so I will resist temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment